B.Vocal Offers Several Ways to Improve Your Communication Skills
Customized Training and Coaching for Business Professionals
Cheryl Moore Brinkley will custom design training to serve the goals of your executive career, your developing & aspiring leaders, your valued talent, team or group. She will meet with you to assess your unique needs & goals and craft a plan to assure success.
B. Vocal Customized Training is available in many forms, including:
- Executive Coaching to get you to or keep you (confidently & confidentially) in the “C-Suite.”
- Individual Coaching for Leadership or Management Development
- Small-Group, focused, Skill-building Workshops
- Large group Awareness and Basics Training
Coaching and Training can take place at your business site or at the B. Vocal studios,
1200 Washington Ave., So., Ste. 265, in Minneapolis, MN, 55415
Public Classes and Workshops
Adults can enroll in group classes and workshops offered to the public through the
Classes and Events Calendar. Offerings change quarterly.
Typical B. Vocal classes include:
- Voice & Speech Basics— 6, 2-hr. classes, covering all the basics to launch you into becoming a clear, projected (loud enough!), expressive speaker: Awareness & Confidence, Healthy Voice Production & Breath Support, Standard American Pronunciation, Diction, Intonation, Flexibility and Expressive Delivery. No prior training or experience necessary. Includes workbook.
- Women’s Voices at Work – 1, 4-hr Session — A 1/2-Day, intensive work-shop to let you in on what your managers are afraid or unable to tell you about your voice & speech communication skills that would help you move up and become a leader at work. Beyond awareness and confidence, you’ll gain practical, do-able tips that you can put to “work” immediately.
- R U Rdy 4 UTube? On-Camera Workshop — 2, 1/2-Day sessions — Quickly become an effective on-camera communicator. Learn techniques to change the biggest mistakes non-actors make when talking to a camera, so the authentic you will shine in your next video or webinar.
- American Accent Basics (Accent Modification) – 2-hr. classes (usually offered as Part I = 6 or 8 classes; and Part II = 4 or 6 classes), covering Awareness & Confidence, What Americans Need from ESL Speakers, Volume & Speed, Big American Vowels (& confusing small ones), How to Produce Challenging English Consonants, Using Intonation Stress and Pitch for Meaning. This course is for adults who already speak English fluently, but wish to be more easily understood; it is not a beginner ESL English course.
Private Lessons and Coaching
All B. Vocal training is available for those 18 and over.
To determine if private lessons are right for you and your goals, schedule a complimentary, 15-minute consultation with Cheryl. It’s essential that she be able to hear you communicate before she can recommend what’s best for you.
Voice & Speech (Elocution) Lessons – Think of this as learning to play the instrument you were born in, your unique physical, speaking voice. Learn clear diction and correct pronunciation. Best results are obtained in regular, weekly, 50-minute lessons.
Coaching and Direction for: Communication Skills, Presence, Performance, or Media – Available in 1 to 2 hour sessions. You decide. You can…
- Start with a personal assessment and plan your improvement process with Cheryl’s recommendations, OR…
- Simply get targeted direction and feedback for your next presentation or speaking engagement.
American Accent, ESL Accent Modification Lessons – An aspect of Voice & Speech training. Best results are obtained in regular, weekly, 50-minute lessons. For adults who speak and read English fluently but wish to be more easily understood.
Services for Performing Artists
NOTE: All training is for adult actors, 18 and over, with exception given to serious, experienced high school actors seeking coaching for BFA college theatre program auditions.
Public Classes — Enroll via Classes and Events Calendar. Classes usually offered twice annually.
- Voice & Speech Basics – 6, 2-hr. classes, covering all the basics to launch you into becoming a clear, expressive, projected (loud enough!) speaker: Awareness & Confidence, Healthy Voice Production & Breath Support, Standard American Pronunciation, Diction, Intonation, Flexibility and Expressive Delivery. No prior training or experience necessary. Includes workbook.
- TV Acting Technique – 6, 2-hr., On-camera classes, covering: Confidence & Performance Nerves, Relating-to-Camera and Connecting-to-Viewer Techniques, Focus, Slates, Framing, Prop Handling, Bite ‘n Smiles, PSA’s, Scenes, and Unscripted Auditions. Small class size so everyone works on camera and receives feedback several times in every class.
Individual Coaching – Available in 1-hr. sessions.
- Voice & Speech – Everything you need to be a great speaker on stage or on microphone.
- Regional Dialect Modification – Standard American Pronunciation.
- Audition & Monologue Direction – For Actors with previous acting training.
- Role Preparation – Script analysis and Coaching for a particular role in which the actor is already cast.
- Media Interviews & Appearances — Whatever it takes to make you shine.
- Advanced On-Camera Coaching – For experienced actors who want to build & refine their skills.
- Stage Dialects & Accents – Specializing in British Received Pronunciation, Cockney, German Accent, American Regional Dialects.
The B. Vocal LLC studio/office:
1200 Washington Ave., S., Ste. 265, Minneapolis, MN, 55415
Customized training can occur at your place of business or at the studio.