B.Vocal Offers Many Ways to Access Communication Training
Customized Training and Coaching
Are you looking for a resource for your business, company, team, group or artistic project? Cheryl Moore Brinkley will custom design training to fit your goals. Cheryl will meet with you to assess your unique needs and craft a plan to assure success.
B. Vocal Customized Training is available in many forms, including:
- Energized, intensive Corporate Training
- Small-Group, focused Workshops
- Individual Coaching for Leadership Development
- Executive Coaching to keep you in the “C-Suite.”
Training can take place at your business site or at the B. Vocal studio,
1200 Washington Ave., So., Ste. 265, in Minneapolis, MN, 55415
Classes and Workshops
Adults can enroll in group classes and workshops offered to the public through the
Classes and Events Calendar. Offerings change quarterly.
B. Vocal classes include:
- Voice & Speech Fundamentals – 6 or 8 (varies with offering), 2-hr. classes, covering all the basics to launch you into becoming a clear, projected (loud enough!), expressive speaker: Awareness & Confidence, Healthy Voice Production & Breath Support, Standard American Pronunciation, Diction, Intonation, Flexibility and Expressive Delivery. No prior training or experience necessary. Includes workbook.
- American Accent Basics (Accent Modification) – 12 to 14, 2-hr. classes (usually offered as Part I., 6 or8 classes and Part II., 4 or 6 classes), covering Awareness & Confidence, What Americans Need from ESL Speakers, Volume & Speed, Big American Vowels (& confusing small ones), How to Produce Challenging English Consonants, Using Intonation Stress and Pitch for Meaning. This course is for adults who already speak English fluently, but wish to be more easily understood; it is not a beginner ESL English course.
- Performance Presence Basics – 6, 2-hr. classes, covering Awareness & Confidence, Non-verbal Communication, Eye Contact, Posture & Poise, Movement & Gesture, Eliciting Positive Audience Response, Energy, Relationship Connection, and Successful Delivery of Content. A digital camera is used so you can see yourself as others see you and enter fully into the learning process as both participator and objective viewer. These skills enhance any encounter from 1–>1 to large group, to webinar & media.
- Women’s Voices at Work – 1, 4-hr Session — A “quick & dirty” workshop to let you in on what your managers are afraid to tell you about your voice & speech communication skills that would help you move up and become a leader at work. Beyond awareness and confidence, you’ll gain practical, do-able tips that you can put to “work” immediately.
- R U Rdy 4 UTube? — 1, 4-hr Session — Quickly become an effective on-camera communicator. Learn techniques to change the biggest mistakes non-actors make when talking to a camera.
Private Lessons and Coaching
All B. Vocal training is available for those 18 and over.
To determine if private lessons are right for you and your goals, schedule a free, 15-minute
consultation with Cheryl. It’s essential that she be able to hear you communicate before she can recommend what’s best for you.
Voice & Speech Lessons – Think of this as learning to play the instrument you were born in, your unique physical voice. Best results are obtained in regular, weekly, 50-minute lessons.
Coaching for: Communication Skills, Presence, Performance, or Media – Available in 1 or 2 hour sessions. Start with a personal assessment and plan your improvement process with Cheryl, or simply get targeted direction and feedback for your next presentation or speaking engagement.
American Accent, ESL Accent Modification Lessons – An aspect of Voice & Speech training. Best results are obtained in regular, weekly, 50-minute lessons. For adults who speak English fluently but wish to be more easily understood.
(Sliding fee scale with consideration for full-time students, seniors and the military.)
Services for Performing Artists
Public Classes — Enroll via Classes and Events Calendar. Classes usually offered twice annually.
- Voice & Speech Fundamentals – 6 or 8, 2-hr. classes, covering all the basics to launch you into becoming a clear, expressive, projected (loud enough!) speaker: Awareness & Confidence, Healthy Voice Production & Breath Support, Standard American Pronunciation, Diction, Intonation, Flexibility and Expressive Delivery. No prior training or experience necessary. Includes workbook.
- TV Acting Technique – 6, 2-hr., On-camera classes, covering: Confidence & Performance Nerves, Relating-to-Camera and Connecting-to-Viewer Techniques, Focus, Slates, Framing, Prop Handling, Bite ‘n Smiles, PSA’s, Scenes, and Unscripted Auditions. Small class size so everyone works on camera and receives feedback several times in every class.
Individual Coaching – Available in 1-hr. sessions.
NOTE: All training is for adult actors, 18 and over, with exception given to serious, experienced high school actors seeking coaching for BFA college theatre program auditions.
- Voice & Speech – Everything you need to be a great speaker on stage or on microphone.
- Regional Dialect Modification – Standard American Pronunciation.
- Audition & Monologue Direction – For Actors with previous acting training.
- Role Preparation – Script analysis and Coaching for a particular role in which the actor is already cast.
- Media Interviews & Appearances – Whatever it takes to make you shine.
- Advanced On-Camera Coaching – For experienced actors who want to build & refine their skills.
- Stage Dialects & Accents – Specializing in British Received Pronunciation, Cockney, German Accent, American Regional Dialects.
The B. Vocal LLC studio/office:
1200 Washington Ave., S., Ste. 265, Minneapolis, MN, 55415
Customized training can occur at your place of business or at the studio.